Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Shades of Retro but Pretty!

This look pretty much started with this super cute outfit from Apple May Designs. This outfit is called Pucker Up and you really have to see it in world to truly appreciate it. The skirt is just wow, layering the jacket over the pants perfectly to get this high waist look and the texture on the skirt prims is also just perfect. I thought it had a retro flavor so I went with that with the rest of the look.



I confess, that I don't like avatar feet and I usually wear shoes or bare feet that are prim feet but these Coquette heels from N-Core won me over. These are the black glitter version and while I was roaming around Atomic Island for the sales that are going on there, I stopped by Riddle and found these adorable ruffle socks. Somehow the shoes with the socks and the skirt and whatnot, it just all seemed to go together for me.



Since the outfit has a sweater and then the cute puffed sleeves, it all reminded me of a retro influenced old fashioned sock hop. I wanted to go with that same feel with my hair. This is a new release from D!va hair that I just love. Marina has also made new hair colors, this is called Moon stone and I just love both the new color and the style itself which is called Rena.

Accesories had me a little stumped and I roamed around the grid trying various things until I ended up at Dark Mouse. I ended up out at the little sale at the back of the shop and pounced on this gorgeous set for just 50L. It's called Vintage Troll in Silver but she also had gold and copper available for those of you who like variety.

So that's all there is to it. Here's a close up of the shoes and those cutiepie socks. I liked the socks so much I bought all three color packs!


I also want to give a shout out. I followed a tutorial I found on youtube to get a better removal of the background for my pics and it was really helpful. Here is the link for the first part but there are four parts altogether where she talks about other things to do to make your pics look better. Very cool stuff. Here's the link to her youtube channel. - Click!

So here's the credits list!:
Skin - Al Vulo May in Sunkissed SnowQueen
Shape - Salt and Pepper - Nelly - modded
Eyes - Fashism - Celtic Green
Hair - D!va, Rena in Moon Stone
Makeup layers - Mock Cosmetics - Cyrano Beotch eyeshadow and Camelot Mizu gloss
Makeup layers - Pink Fuel - Glam Lipstick Bubblegum (comes with the Elly skin)
Outfit - Apple May Designs - Pucker Up
Shoes - N-core - Coquette Glitter Pumps in Black
Socks - Riddle - Ruffled Socks White
Nails - Mandala Super Long Nail set (set to pink french)
Poses - Label Motion Noel set and Juxtapose - shy set

No comments:

Post a Comment